Our services include assisting companies in the implementation of the following standards, following which that company gets an award of Certification under these standards, showing that they have not only met the British Standards and Regulations, but that they have met the European and International standards and regulations in their operation.
Integrated Management Systems
Many organizations have adopted or are adopting formal management system standards and/or specifications such as:
- Quality Systems Management -ISO 9001
- Occupational Health & Safety Management - BS OHSAS 18001
- Environmental Management - ISO 14001
- Information Safety Management - ISO 27001
- Food Safety Management System ISO 22000
We also recommend that any business starting from scratch to implement a Quality Management System would be advised to integrate ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety because inevitably they will want to comply with these standards at some time in the future. It is more cost effective to integrate the three systems at once rather than undertake one each year.
QIMS, in recognition of these factors can assist organizations an integrated management system for business that conform to more that one Standard, usually a combination of two or more of the standards.
Frequently these are operated as independent systems. In all management systems, however, there are common elements which can be managed in an integrated way: the essential unity of all these systems within the overall management system of the organization can be recognized and used to the best advantage.
We also assist clients in writing up the following business policies including the following:
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Food Safety Policy
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Customer Care Policy
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainability Policy
We are head hunted by clients especially where outside help that adds value to business is essential and cost effective.
Our aim therefore is to satisfy these criteria by offering excellent services to our clients and this is where we have sound experience.
Our expertise lies in compliance Consultancy which assists clients in the implementation and maintenance to recognized standards including:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Assurance System for all industries
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Compliance
- BS EN OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Compliance
- ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety compliance
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- CDM 2007 Regulations Compliance
- Project Execution Plan Management
- Domestic Energy Assessment
- QMS Consultants and Trainers
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis
- Process Management and Improvement
QIMS have specialist Lead Auditors who are IRCA Registered and offers a variety of auditing services, including auditor training - see training page for details.
This is an independent, assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organizations operations. It provides an independent and objective assurance that the risks the organization is exposed to are being effectively managed, QIMS can provide a full and independent internal audit service, relieving you of the need to train auditors, and the requirement to free up auditors from their normal important work. He can schedule, prepare and perform the audits, report back to you and follow up where necessary. We perform single audits, where resources are tight and your own audit team needs a little backup.
Supplier auditing is a vital part of business effectiveness, and can hep to comply with the law - especially when considering due diligence. QIMS can assist you by providing an experience auditor who can perform an effective supplier audit service giving you peace of mind that your suppliers are working to a satisfactory level of hygiene, quality and safety
This relatively new but increasingly important area can also be covered. This can help to prove legal compliance, or just used to demonstrate to your customers and yourself that your environmental systems are under control
This can be provided to demonstrate the hygienic status of your premises, and also a scoring system can be used to show trends upwards or downwards. Action lists and/or digital photographs can be included to illustrate findings and allow corrective action.
External audit is a statutory function charged with ensuring the accuracy and veracity of the annual report and accounts. QIMS assist its Associate Certification Bodies in carrying out Third Party audit, followed by a recommendation in registration towards the following standards:
- Integrated Management System
- ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management system
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System
- BS EN OHSAS Occupational Health & Safety System
- ISO 27001:- Information Security Management System
- Project Technical Reviews
- Project Execution Plans
- Mock Assessments for companies in preparation for the final inspection
- Sustainability Auditing
- Internal Audits
QIMS will assist those organizations wishing to obtain certification to the above standards by carrying out Mock Assessments in preparation for the final assessments by an external assessors approved by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). This ensures that the organization is fully prepared for the External certification body in meeting national and international standards for the services they are offering.
Audits by the certification body take place at specific stages of the project and then regularly after the certification is awarded.
Quality Management Auditing Training
- Quality System Audit training this is designed for people who already have experience of the quality management system within their company and they need to be trained to carry out internal quality audits to a standard that satisfies the requirements of the BS EN ISO (9001:2008, taking into account the requirements of the ISO 19011:2002- Guidelines for Quality or Environmental Management System auditing.
- Quality Management System awareness training
- Internal Quality Management Review
- Process Mapping
- How to carry internal audits
- Audit Planning and Principles
- Checklists and Audit Reporting
- Requirements of the BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- Changes between ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 9001:2008
- Performance Measurement and Monitoring
The training covers the following aspects
- Environmental Management System Awareness training
- Internal Environmental Auditing
- The Environmental Review
- Compliance with the legislation
- Setting Objectives and targets
- Requirements of the BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- Relationship with the BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- Audit Planning and Principles
- Checklist and Auditing
Occupational Health & Safety awareness Training
The training covers the following aspects:
- Health & Safety at work and the safety legislation
- Prevention of Accidents and ill health
- Health & Safety Hazard identification
- Setting up objectives and targets
- How to write a Health & Safety Policy
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Health & Safety Auditing
- Performance Measurement and Monitoring
- Management Review
- Requirements of the BS EN OHSAS 18001:2007
- Correspondence between OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 9001:2008